This past winter was long, cold, miserable, and felt like it went on forever.
However, with the first day of spring around the corner (Tuesday, March 20, by the way), soon it’ll be time to turn off your home heating systems for the year and enjoy the outdoors again.
So, if you’re itching to get out there and explore what Ontario has to offer, here are some cool things to do in Ontario this spring.
Cool thing to do in Southern Ontario: Go on a museum tour
Southern Ontario (where many ClimateCare members are located is full of cool, interactive, and just plain awesome museums for your family to check out.
Near Hamilton? Love planes?
- The Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum is a working, breathing, living testament to Canada’s aviation military history.
- Visitors are able to get up close and personal (and in some cases, actually inside) some of the toughest and bravest warplanes the skies has ever seen.
- The crown jewel of the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum is the legendary Lancaster Bomber. 7300 planes were built during World War II, 17 are left and only 2 are in flying condition.
Thanks to Rennie ClimateCare and Langton ClimateCare for the suggestion.
Visit the Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum website.
Near Toronto? Love natural history?
- The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) is packed with natural history galleries ranging from Earth’s treasures to dinosaur discoveries.
- Some galleries (such as the Biodiversity Gallery or Discovery Gallery) invite hands-on participation for both children and adults.
- The ROM is full of other exhibits too; ranging from celebrating the history of Vikings to rebuilding and revisiting the tragedy at Auschwitz.
Thanks to Air Treatment ClimateCare for the suggestion.
Visit the Royal Ontario Museum website.
Top thing to do in Eastern Ontario: Visit a sugar shack
Remember the crisp, pure air and sweet taste of syrup straight from the maple tree? Spring’s the perfect time to revisit this classic Ontario tradition.
Near Kingston? Love nature?
- Little Cataraqui Creek Conversation Area is a combination sugar shack, cross-country ski trails, and hiking path recreation space.
- In early spring, “Maple Madness” takes visitors on a tractor ride to the sugar bush where they see the whole sugaring process from sap to syrup.
- In addition to fresh, authentically made maple syrup, homemade pancakes are also available during “Maple Madness.”
Thanks to Haven Home ClimateCare for the suggestion.
Visit the Little Cataraqui Creek Conservation Area website.
Cool thing to do in Ontario (Southwestern area): Birdwatching
Birdwatching isn’t the old, stuffy, and quiet activity of the past. Today, birdwatching activities involve riverboat adventures or safari-type treks.
Near London? Love hiking?
- Canada’s South Coast Birding Trail is an extensive network of trails and observation spots which cuts through the heart of London.
- The London portion of the trail (Fanshawe Conservation Area) allows birdwatchers to get brilliant views of species like waterfowl, kingfishers and herons.
- If you’re truly adventurous, the entire length of Canada’s South Coast Birding Trail spans from Windsor to Haldimand County.
Thanks to M&K ClimateCare for the suggestion.
Visit the Canada’s South Coast Birding Trail website.
Near Sarnia? Love watching birds migrate?
- The Wawanosh Wetlands Conservation Area is a protected wetland area where migrating waterfowl “fuel up” as they towards the Atlantic coast and down the Mississippi River.
- Birds you can see at the Wawanosh Wetlands Conservation Area include ducks, gulls and Caspian terns.
- An exceptionally quiet location, Wawanosh Wetlands Conservation Area features a pleasant network of walking trails for you to discover.
Thanks to Lambton ClimateCare for the suggestion.
Visit the Wawanosh Wetlands Conservation Area website.
Discover everything Ontario has to offer…and then come home to perfect comfort
Wherever you live in Ontario, there’s something fantastic for you to explore and discover.
And when it’s time to come home, let ClimateCare ensure that it delivers perfect comfort; every time.
For more information:
- LOCATE YOUR NEAREST CLIMATECARE MEMBER with your questions
- LEARN ABOUT HOME HEATING & HOME COOLING products from ClimateCare
- DOWNLOAD A FREE COPY of What Can Go Wrong with Your HVAC System